At Irish Pole Dance Academy, we are on the lookout for awesome people to come and join our team in Dublin and grow with us. We are not just a dance studio, but a community of individuals doing our bit to grow ourselves, lift each other up, and make the world a better place to be.
Our community is body neutral, sex-worker inclusive, sex positive, LGBTQi+ friendly, anti-racist and pro-peace.
We are currently looking for pole dance instructors to work with us on part-time basis, during our studio hours of weekday evenings and weekends.
Interested? Awesome! Well, we’re very glad you’re here reading this. If you’d like to join our team and contribute to our awesome community that we have been building since 2011, please read on and read carefully…
Pole Dance Instructor:
As a pole dance instructor at IPDA it is your mission to provide nothing less than top-class pole dance training and coaching to our clients. To ensure safety and facilitate performance towards their planned goals using our Core Values (Honesty, Integrity, Community, Communication). It is also your responsibility to uphold IPDA’s worldwide reputation as one of the best pole dance studios in Ireland.
The Bare Minimum:
To be eligible to work with us, there’s 3 things that we need from you as an absolute bare minimum (if you do not have these we ask respectfully that you do not apply please):
- Safety oriented – You must hold a recognised certification in teaching pole dancing / pole fitness (ie: XPERT Pole Fitness, ElevatED, Vertical Dance or whichever equivalent is applicable to your country / region). An ETM, Personal Trainer, Yoga, Pilates, or Dance Teacher certificate or qualification in addition to your pole dance instructor certificate is a bonus. You should also have a valid First Aid certificate. We are really big into safety and making sure that our clients are in safe hands.
- Technical skill – You should have a minimum of 2 years pole dance experience. It’s important to us that you have invested time in your own personal skill so that you can be an example to our clients, and that you understand the journey that a pole dance student takes. You should also be able to build progressions / regressions for different levels of skill. Note: This does not mean that you have to be a pole dancing champion or someone with a massive social media following to work with us; you need to have a solid understanding of correct technique and a mastery of the basics. We much prefer good technique over shiny medals.
- Professional communication skills – You must be adept with modern technology (ie: able to use a smartphone / iPad / laptop etc.). We are a busy studio and therefore communication is necessary to delivering a consistently awesome experience to our clients. We expect that you are courteous and professional at all times; we are a business just like any other and we simply do not have time for drama.
You also need to have the following Core Competencies:
- High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Ego under control – Able to work as part of a team and has emotional intelligence to treat others with dignity and respect.
- Respect – (This is so important that I’m mentioning it again) Has the ability to treat all humans with compassion and kindness at all times. Especially has respect for sex workers, and honours the historical and present link with strippers and pole dancing.
- Honesty and integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and respectfully.
- Attention to detail – Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Openness to feedback and development – Often solicits feedback and is proactive about their own development, and is proactive about contributing new ideas and feedback.
- Flexibility / Adaptability – Copes effectively with change.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work and learn new things to get the job done. Can conduct oneself in a proactive rather than reactive manner.
If you have all of the above and you want to take the next step, write an email to Arlene@IrishPoleDanceAcademy.com with the title “I want to work as an awesome Pole Dance Instructor with Irish Pole Dance Academy”.
In this email, please write a short paragraph telling Arlene about yourself and why you want to work with IPDA and attach your CV outlining your experience and certificates / qualifications, and some references from previous employers (so that Arlene can call them and verify that you are indeed as awesome as you say you are). Please include all of the above info in your email to ensure that your application does not get rejected!
After Arlene receives your application, be patient, she will contact you and arrange a meeting with you (via Zoom) to tell you more about what she has to offer in working with IPDA and to see if you are a good fit for us, and vice versa.
We look forward to hearing from you!