Want to work with us?
We are currently looking for pole dance and flexibility instructors to work with us on a part-time freelance basis.
Interested? Awesome! Well, we’re very glad you’re here reading this. If you think you’d like to join our team and contribute to our awesome community that we have been building since 2011, please read on and read carefully…
The Bare Minimum:
To be eligible to work with us, there’s 3 things that we need from you as an absolute bare minimum (if do not have these please do not apply):
- Safety oriented – You must hold a recognised certification in teaching pole dancing / pole fitness (ie: XPERT Pole Fitness, ElevatED, Vertical Dance or other). If you do not have one click here. A recognised ETM, Personal Trainer, Yoga, Pilates, or Dance Teacher certificate or qualification in addition to your pole dance instructor certificate is also fantastic. You should also have a First Aid certificate. We are really big into safety and making sure that our clients are in safe hands.
- Technical skill – You should have a minimum of 2 years pole dance experience. It’s important to us that you have invested time in your own personal skill so that you can be an example to our clients, and that you understand the journey that a pole dance student takes. You should also be able to build progressions / regressions for different levels of skill. Note this does not mean that you have to be a pole dancing champion to work with us; you need have to have a solid understanding and mastery of the basics. We much prefer good technique over shiny medals.
- Professional communication skills – You must be adept with modern technology (ie: able to use a smartphone / ipad / laptop etc.). We are a busy studio and therefore communication is necessary to delivering a consistently awesome experience to our clients. We expect that you are courteous and professional at all times; we are a business just like any other and we simply do not have time for rudeness / big egos.
You also need to have the following Core Competencies:
- High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Ego under control – Able to work as part of a team and has emotional intelligence to treat others with dignity and respect.
- Honesty and integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Attention to detail – Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Openness to criticism and ideas – Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Flexibility / Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with change.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work and learn new things to get the job done. Can conduct oneself in a proactive rather than reactive manner.
If you have all of the above and you want to take the next step, write an email to [email protected] with the title “I want to work with Irish Pole Dance Academy”.
In this email, please write a short paragraph telling Arlene about yourself and why you want to work with IPDA and attach your CV outlining your experience and certificates / qualifications, and some references from previous employers (so that Arlene can call them and verify that you are indeed as awesome as you say you are). Please include all of the above info in your email to ensure that your application does not end up in the trash!
After Arlene receives your application, be patient, she will contact you and arrange a meeting with you to tell you more about what she has to offer in working with IPDA and to see if you have a good fit.
We look forward to hearing from you!