Another month, another tutorial! Today I’m delighted to share with you an Exotic Pole Dance combo; what I call the Barrel Roll to Twisted Lunge, with a fankick (there’s an easy version and a more advanced version) transition out.
It’s a really fun combo that anyone can do! I include this combo in my Exotic Dance class for Beginners here at IPDA, and even our first-timer students can bust this out and make it look super fluid and awesome!
The combo is more so confusing than it is difficult, so in the video I break it down in super slow motion. Here’s some key points to watch out for while practising:
- Keep the standing leg / inside leg straight as you pivot on your toes for the Barrel Roll.
- Continue the Barrel Roll in the same direction until your opposite arm-pit meets the pole. The pole will be behind your hip at this point.
- Point your toes during the Twisted Lunge, not only to make the most beautiful lines possible but to also facilitate an easy transition to the fankick.
- Your inside hand reaches the floor (or the pole) as you slide the inside leg through to the fankick.
- Keep your top leg as straight as you can as you complete the arc of the fankick. Remember, lines are important!
Watch the video below for a full step by step breakdown of the Barrel Roll to Twisted Lunge:
Don’t forget to share your progress on our Irish Pole Dance Academy Facebook Member’s Only Group! If you’re not a member yet, join in the fun on Instagram @irishpoledanceacademy! Or just call into our gorgeous studio here in Dublin 1 😉
To your success,